Under the direction of the Software Manager, is responsible for overall coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals. He/She maintains a work schedule for the assigned team and updates for weekly staff meetings; he/she has to guarantee timing, costs and quality of the project in accordance with defined targets. He/She is accountable for all the project documentation and acts as interface between the team, the management and the customer.
- Implement and maintain program initiatives that adhere to organizational objectives;
- Assure Software development and lead the plan and implementation;
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables;
- Define project tasks and resource requirements;
- Manage and allocate resources upon agreement with the Software Manager and SW Technical Leader;
- Plan and schedule project timelines and monitor delays on milestones;
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools (e.g. Jira, Gantt);
- Provide direction and support to SW team;
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to reporting levels and stakeholders;
- Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions;
- Manage project changes and evaluate project risks;
- Liaise and communicate with other departments, customers, and suppliers.
Skills and Attributes:
- Customer orientated approach to all tasks and ability to develop strong working relationships and to manage and prioritize multiple demands;
- Strong people management skills/Strong process capability/Strong communication and presentation skills/Strong task and project leadership skills, identifying what is important and strong capability in project planning and task identification;
- Methodical approach to task management and an ability to communicate task requirements clearly at all levels;
- React to a changing environment, keeping continuity and clarity of mind on performance and interpersonal relationship.
Qualifications and Experience Levels:
- Advanced knowledge of Project Management / Product Lifecycle Management;
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Electronics Engineering;
- Extensive experience in Engineering, preferably within automotive;
- Excellent Office skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Project;
- Experience in delivering major engineering projects on time;
- Experience in managing international team within different time zones;
- Experience in risk management, analysis and control;
- Good English, spoken and written;
- Software and Automotive background;
- Experience in tracking activities with company provided tool (e.g. Jira, Microsoft Project);
- Available for short business trip in Italy and abroad.